Better and getting on with things.
Well thankfully I feel a lot better, it took almost two weeks but at least I don't feel so rough anymore.
I'm getting used to being here again and have started to connect with some great stu
dents. I'm working primarily with 4 guys at Miami (photo), Brian, Pat, Vince and Seth who are a mixture of Junior's and Senior's, they are all great guys and are leading somewhere in the movement on campus, generally by leading Bible studies for younger students in one of the dorms. We are getting together a couple of times a week, Christian Pettitt and I are getting all our guys together once a week (a total of 8 students and us) to do Bible study and coaching whilst I'm getting together one on one with each of my guys for discpleship and to go out and share our faith with men on campus, the plan is to go and meet men in the dorms where the guys are leading.
I'm also leading at Wright State University up in Dayton, here is a sky shot.

Wright State is a catalytic campus where students are in charge but staff coach them and support them by going once per week. I have been going up there along with two other Miami staff and meeting with the student staff, I've been with two guys, Bobby and Lonzo which has been fun and this week connected with a few of the second year students who are involved in the ministry.
I have just sat back down to finish writing this (a day after I started it). Yesterday as I was writing someone came in and said they had a spare ticket to the (American) football game so I went down to Yager Stadium to watch Miami lose to Kent State, they were horrible, the first time Kent State have won in Oxford since 1988, it looks like being a loooooong college football season
which is sad considering they were so good only two years ago. The star Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is now a pro though and sitting pretty having won the superbowl last year so that doesn't help.
I had a good time back in England even though it was probably a contributer to me being ill. It was good to see people and see the teams going to Russia and the Middle East sent off. I also got the chance to travel back with Seong who is one of the guys who will be working in Liverpool this year, he had a hard time getting it all sorted for various reasons but he made it and was able to go early and fly with me which was really good! I took back some little presents for Martin and
Rachel's (who led our team in Warwick last year) kids too, a Miami t-shirt each, here they are proudly displaying them! Unfortunately Josh who's 3 had already gone to bed but he had one too!
I have had a relaxing weekend which has been great, I needed it after recovering from being unwell but now I think I'm just about ready for the new week...getting used to being back on campus in the early weeks of term after summer is a hard, but fruitful and fun, job!
Sometime this week I'll try and put together a few shots of my house to give you all the tour...I'm not convinced it will work out due to the continually tempramental nature of blogger but I'll give it a go! Keep a look out!
I'm getting used to being here again and have started to connect with some great stu
dents. I'm working primarily with 4 guys at Miami (photo), Brian, Pat, Vince and Seth who are a mixture of Junior's and Senior's, they are all great guys and are leading somewhere in the movement on campus, generally by leading Bible studies for younger students in one of the dorms. We are getting together a couple of times a week, Christian Pettitt and I are getting all our guys together once a week (a total of 8 students and us) to do Bible study and coaching whilst I'm getting together one on one with each of my guys for discpleship and to go out and share our faith with men on campus, the plan is to go and meet men in the dorms where the guys are leading.I'm also leading at Wright State University up in Dayton, here is a sky shot.

Wright State is a catalytic campus where students are in charge but staff coach them and support them by going once per week. I have been going up there along with two other Miami staff and meeting with the student staff, I've been with two guys, Bobby and Lonzo which has been fun and this week connected with a few of the second year students who are involved in the ministry.
I have just sat back down to finish writing this (a day after I started it). Yesterday as I was writing someone came in and said they had a spare ticket to the (American) football game so I went down to Yager Stadium to watch Miami lose to Kent State, they were horrible, the first time Kent State have won in Oxford since 1988, it looks like being a loooooong college football season
which is sad considering they were so good only two years ago. The star Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is now a pro though and sitting pretty having won the superbowl last year so that doesn't help.I had a good time back in England even though it was probably a contributer to me being ill. It was good to see people and see the teams going to Russia and the Middle East sent off. I also got the chance to travel back with Seong who is one of the guys who will be working in Liverpool this year, he had a hard time getting it all sorted for various reasons but he made it and was able to go early and fly with me which was really good! I took back some little presents for Martin and
Rachel's (who led our team in Warwick last year) kids too, a Miami t-shirt each, here they are proudly displaying them! Unfortunately Josh who's 3 had already gone to bed but he had one too!I have had a relaxing weekend which has been great, I needed it after recovering from being unwell but now I think I'm just about ready for the new week...getting used to being back on campus in the early weeks of term after summer is a hard, but fruitful and fun, job!
Sometime this week I'll try and put together a few shots of my house to give you all the tour...I'm not convinced it will work out due to the continually tempramental nature of blogger but I'll give it a go! Keep a look out!

3 Comments:
At 8:57 am,
Peter Whitfield said…
Let me get this right; you've moved, travelled back to England, been ill, just recovered, and you're already meeting up with a load of guys? Just how do you do it!
At 5:02 am,
Anonymous said…
Woot. Wright state is where my boss got involved in Cru.
At 1:56 am,
Anonymous said…
i love miami.
Post a Comment
<< Home