It's been a long time!
Well I'm sorry for taking so long to get back round to writing here, I have no excuse other than to say I just didn't do it! It's been something I've kept thinking I should do and yet not getting round to so I'll have a go at wrapping up the exciting stuff that has been going on.
During our final week at Warwick we ran Project P.E.T.E (Post Exam Training and Evangelism) as we did last year, but this time it was totally under the control of the CU! That was very
exciting! We didn't have as many people as last year but had some great days of training and God did some good things during the evangelism time, we think that over the course of the last two terms (January to May) 26 students have become Christians! Praise the Lord!
During the week we also had a sad evening saying goodbye to those people we have been working with this year because our whole team is moving away (Martin and Rachel to Bristol, Rich and Sharon to Oxford and me to America). We hired a cafe on campus and had a "posh nosh" evening to commission
the guys to change their campus! It was a great night despite it being sad and Martin was able to give a talk based in John 15 challenging the students that God has chosen them to be involved in the fulfillment of the Great Commission at Warwick. Here are a couple of photo's from the evening of me with some of the guys I've been working closely with over the last year, Andy Giles and Andy Prichard.
The following week I was down near High Wycombe at the Wycliffe Centre for our summer projects briefing week. This year we have sent teams to Lithuania, Russia, Siberia, the USA, the Middle East and the Far East. We had a great week together down in High Wycombe preparing and all the teams got off Ok and have made it
to their respective locations. This was a massive relief for me personally seeing as I was in charge of all the transport! Here is a photo of the team we sent out to Krasnoyarsk in Siberia!
During the week the teams went into London to do some surveys on cultural differences with people of other cultures. I got the chance to go and spend the day with Matt catching up with our university friend Lucy which was really fun...I managed to take my first ever flight on the London Eye as you can see below! I
even managed to get a stop off at the new Wembley on the way and wasn't surprised to find lot's of builders standing around not doing very much!
At the moment I am busy working away on some support development as I need to raise in the region of £200 per month for going away and for the things that are coming up. Obviously I'm also thinking about leaving and getting ready to go, including my visa interview which is a week on Friday on the 14th.
I am also thinking about a rejig to this blog so hopefully it may soon get a makeover, watch this space!
During our final week at Warwick we ran Project P.E.T.E (Post Exam Training and Evangelism) as we did last year, but this time it was totally under the control of the CU! That was very
exciting! We didn't have as many people as last year but had some great days of training and God did some good things during the evangelism time, we think that over the course of the last two terms (January to May) 26 students have become Christians! Praise the Lord!During the week we also had a sad evening saying goodbye to those people we have been working with this year because our whole team is moving away (Martin and Rachel to Bristol, Rich and Sharon to Oxford and me to America). We hired a cafe on campus and had a "posh nosh" evening to commission
the guys to change their campus! It was a great night despite it being sad and Martin was able to give a talk based in John 15 challenging the students that God has chosen them to be involved in the fulfillment of the Great Commission at Warwick. Here are a couple of photo's from the evening of me with some of the guys I've been working closely with over the last year, Andy Giles and Andy Prichard.The following week I was down near High Wycombe at the Wycliffe Centre for our summer projects briefing week. This year we have sent teams to Lithuania, Russia, Siberia, the USA, the Middle East and the Far East. We had a great week together down in High Wycombe preparing and all the teams got off Ok and have made it
to their respective locations. This was a massive relief for me personally seeing as I was in charge of all the transport! Here is a photo of the team we sent out to Krasnoyarsk in Siberia!During the week the teams went into London to do some surveys on cultural differences with people of other cultures. I got the chance to go and spend the day with Matt catching up with our university friend Lucy which was really fun...I managed to take my first ever flight on the London Eye as you can see below! I
even managed to get a stop off at the new Wembley on the way and wasn't surprised to find lot's of builders standing around not doing very much!At the moment I am busy working away on some support development as I need to raise in the region of £200 per month for going away and for the things that are coming up. Obviously I'm also thinking about leaving and getting ready to go, including my visa interview which is a week on Friday on the 14th.
I am also thinking about a rejig to this blog so hopefully it may soon get a makeover, watch this space!

2 Comments:
At 10:11 pm,
Anonymous said…
hi.
At 4:11 am,
Carrie said…
hey Andy,
I am here at New Staff Training for the US Staff. Tonight I was talking to some of your team mates for next year at Miami, they are excited for you to join them!! There are so many people here from Miami, it is kinda out of control, you are going to have a great year!!
Post a Comment
<< Home