Leaving Warwick...
Over the ast couple of weeks things have been prett busy...I'm finding it hard to believe thatI only have one week left working here at Warwick! The time here has flown by, I know that's a cliche but it's scary how fast I've gone from Newcastle to the end of my time here!
Great things have happened over the course of the past year and a bit and I find myself sitting down and looking at all that God has done here with both amazement and joy. Leaving is actually going to be much harder than I thought it would be as the guys here are great and such an encouragement but the greatest excitement of all is that the students are raring to go and ready to run with so much new stuff as a result of what God has done with what we've done. Evangelism is becoming the norm here for Christian students and people are beginning to see people on campus grow in their understanding of the gospel and in some cases become Christians, just last week a girl who I met doing surveys became a Christian when a girl in the CU followed up with her! Praise the Lord.
Next week is Project PETE (Post Exam Training and Evangelism) and it's the last thing we are doing on campus before dispersing as a team. There are going to be training meetings in the morning and practical evangelism in the afternoon's, hopefully most of the CU will be involved and God can help people develop in their faith and see new people receive Christ as Saviour and Lord, please be praying for the week. On Tuesday night we are also having a farewell meal in a cafe on campus, everyone is getting dolled up and the students we have been working with are all coming along in their glad rags. It's going to be a time to say goodbye and also commission the students whose mission it is to see people on this campus saved. I'm excited, it's going to be ace.
So from Warwick it's into the unknown, the visa application is underway and hopefully things will be sorted such that America is on the horizon. First it's summer projects though, and even though I'm on the admin side and not going anywhere, this is going to be fun...
Great things have happened over the course of the past year and a bit and I find myself sitting down and looking at all that God has done here with both amazement and joy. Leaving is actually going to be much harder than I thought it would be as the guys here are great and such an encouragement but the greatest excitement of all is that the students are raring to go and ready to run with so much new stuff as a result of what God has done with what we've done. Evangelism is becoming the norm here for Christian students and people are beginning to see people on campus grow in their understanding of the gospel and in some cases become Christians, just last week a girl who I met doing surveys became a Christian when a girl in the CU followed up with her! Praise the Lord.
Next week is Project PETE (Post Exam Training and Evangelism) and it's the last thing we are doing on campus before dispersing as a team. There are going to be training meetings in the morning and practical evangelism in the afternoon's, hopefully most of the CU will be involved and God can help people develop in their faith and see new people receive Christ as Saviour and Lord, please be praying for the week. On Tuesday night we are also having a farewell meal in a cafe on campus, everyone is getting dolled up and the students we have been working with are all coming along in their glad rags. It's going to be a time to say goodbye and also commission the students whose mission it is to see people on this campus saved. I'm excited, it's going to be ace.
So from Warwick it's into the unknown, the visa application is underway and hopefully things will be sorted such that America is on the horizon. First it's summer projects though, and even though I'm on the admin side and not going anywhere, this is going to be fun...

1 Comments:
At 5:10 pm,
Anonymous said…
i love that you are coming to america...
but sad i will miss you
Post a Comment
<< Home