<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12879041?origin\x3dhttp://andydixon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Andy's Agape News

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Pottering around

Well, the past few days/weeks have been spent pottering around doing bits and bobs but nothing particularly of note other than the following.
.
Last Friday I took a day trip to America (yes really!) to get my visa for next year. It's a strange feeling to stand on American soil in the middle of London! I had a nightmare with trains but did just get there in time and spent 4 hours at the Embassy, in all that time I spent a grand total of 6 minutes (yes, just SIX MINUTES) talking to a consulate official but they gave me a visa so I can't complain. In fact as I have been sitting here writing this the nice courier man delivered my passport complete with visa!

This past weekend I have been up to Newcastle to do some support raising and visit friends. I had a great time but once again it wasn't very long and I packed a lot in, driving all over the city visiting people. I also had two great stops at some of my favourite sites, Longsands Tynemouth and The Angel of the North. On Sunday night I took a stroll down Longsands at midnight which is a place I used to go and walk and pray either on my own or with Matt. It's such a relaxing place at that time of night and just somewhere I love to meet with God.

Longsands

I also got the chance to stop off at The Angel and take some nice arty shots to remind me of home when I get to America, this rather nice one is currently my desktop background!

Angel of the North

On the way home from Newcastle I stopped in Keighley and Sheffield and only got back at midnight!

Yesterday I took a trip to Gloucester to do a bit of support raising which was cool other than driving in the nastiest most burning hot day in years without air con in the car! Still Gloucester isn't a half bad place...I can chalk it up on the "visited" list now.

So now the pottering will continue. Up until European staff conference a week on Monday I am simply doing some support raising and dealing with the accounts which have come back from all the summer projects...now there we have a fun job! Errr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home