Travelling is tiring!
5am is never a nice time of day, but, when setting out on a 19 odd hour journey it's particularly distasteful.
So my wonderful parents got me in the car and drove me to Birmingham (it was like going home!) and on cue I arrived at Birmingham International Airport...

Thankfully this was Tuesday and thus before the flight nightmares of Wednesday and I sailed through with TWO pieces of hand luggage (won't be doing that again in a hurry will I) to get on this rather splendid looking airplane...

And so for the next 7 hours this was my home, we had terrible movies, so bad I don't even know what they were and I wasted time reading the times and doing not one but two su doku's, these being the first one's I had EVER done! I had an empty seat next to me and then a Mexican chap who didn't speak much English...not very conducive for faith sharing unfortunately. So, after 7 hours I ended up in Newark, New Jersey and took in my first ever view of New York City.
My next little adventure was flying from Newark to Cincinnati on the tiniest plane I have ever seen, the aisle had a single seat on one side and two seats on the other...I had a single seat with no one in the doubles opposite once again making faith sharing difficult! I was on there for an hour and a half.

Thus I ended up in Cincinnati and flying over super flat Ohio...my good friend Christian Pettitt picked me up at the airport and we rolled into Cincinnati whilst busily catching up. Coming down from the sirport into the city is a great view...
Ok...so once again I'm sitting here getting distinctly frustrated at Blogger's determined refusal to let me put in the photos I want...I have no idea why!
So Christian and I got some food and rolled into Oxford to my new house! It's nice, but I'll put together a house tour post at some point soon, needless to say it's nice and ridiculously cheap as our UK prices go at just $275 a month (about £150)!
So this fun has begun...I'll keep you updated!

2 Comments:
At 10:28 pm,
Peter Whitfield said…
That's one long trip! I hope it's easier coming to England in a few weeks time.
At 12:30 am,
Anonymous said…
I hope you are having fun with all my Miami peoples down there.. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home