Pack up and ship out
Well the packing up has begun, I spent some of today packing books, computer equipment and knick-knacks that won't be joining me in the USA into boxes and labeled them up. It was an odd feeling, in fact sitting here now I'm just thinking that I won't see those things that I have looked at every day for years again until June 2007 or even later! It's a scary thought but also quite cool that come that time I can tear off tape and open boxes and say things like "I didn't know I owned that book!"
It wasn't always easy putting stuff away, expecially sifting through my Christian books wondering how on earth I'm going to cope without them whe writing talks and studying the Bible, but hey...God will find a way!
This week I've also been busy visiting friends and spending time connecting with people who I won't see in a while (well, other than a brief flying visit in Spetmeber perhaps). I'll miss people for sure but on Monday I had the fun realisation that my good friends Zac and Sarah will basically be out of the country the whole time that I am as they go to Sydney for 8 months in September arriving back a couple of weeks before I do! It's a sad feeling to miss folk but exciting too thinking about people potentially arriving at Cincinnati North Kentucky International Airport on visits!
Today I had lunch with my friend John at the truly amazing Gourmet Burger Company, if you're ever in Birmingham hunt it out, it is truly unbelievable, the best burger I've ever eaten anywhere! I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat at McDonalds again.
And so all that's left is the rest of the packing, working out what's travelling and what's not, getting myself to European All Staff Conference in Nottingham on Monday, taking part in the conference, the small matter of my sisters wedding on August 5th and then catching a plane on August 8th. It's all go, I thought summer's were peaceful in student ministry?!
It wasn't always easy putting stuff away, expecially sifting through my Christian books wondering how on earth I'm going to cope without them whe writing talks and studying the Bible, but hey...God will find a way!
This week I've also been busy visiting friends and spending time connecting with people who I won't see in a while (well, other than a brief flying visit in Spetmeber perhaps). I'll miss people for sure but on Monday I had the fun realisation that my good friends Zac and Sarah will basically be out of the country the whole time that I am as they go to Sydney for 8 months in September arriving back a couple of weeks before I do! It's a sad feeling to miss folk but exciting too thinking about people potentially arriving at Cincinnati North Kentucky International Airport on visits!
Today I had lunch with my friend John at the truly amazing Gourmet Burger Company, if you're ever in Birmingham hunt it out, it is truly unbelievable, the best burger I've ever eaten anywhere! I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat at McDonalds again.
And so all that's left is the rest of the packing, working out what's travelling and what's not, getting myself to European All Staff Conference in Nottingham on Monday, taking part in the conference, the small matter of my sisters wedding on August 5th and then catching a plane on August 8th. It's all go, I thought summer's were peaceful in student ministry?!

1 Comments:
At 12:47 am,
Anonymous said…
WElCOME TO AMERICA!
Post a Comment
<< Home