Weddings...
My sister is married and now my wonderful friends Jeff and Katie are married, once Carl and Amy tie the knot next Saturday I am done with my 3 weddings in 4 weeks marathon.
I have SO MANY stories and interesting points from the last two weeks of settling in but they will probably never get aired here (I assure you the mobile phone story WILL get told!). It's been a fun/interesting time connecting with people left right and centre! A few highlights.
1) I seem to go to Wal*Mart every day and have bought many of their...errrr...quality items, including a desk.
2) I spent a week away at the Hidden Valley Lake Lakehouse on a pre term staff retreat, it was pretty and I got vicioulsy sunburnt shoulders.

This is the view from the lakehouse down over the lake. How pretty.
3) I've been GIVEN a car!
4) I've connected with people I haven't seen in a year.
5) I live in a new house with a shared en-suite with a JACUZZI BATH!
So lot's of fun things going on!
The weddings have been great, here is a picture of me with my beautiful sister and her husband Peter from just before I flew over here.

It was a great day, the sun shone and it was a fantastic opportunity for me to see a lot of family before flying out here to Ohio. It was an honour to be a part of.
Yesterday was also great to see Jeff and Katie get married here in Oxford. I had the great privilege of reading Ephesians 5:21-33 during the ceremony (which led to lots of people marvelling at the British accent!), thankfully I got through it Ok as I was quite worried I might pass out and ruin the wedding with it being so hot! Even so, it's so great to have seen such good friends of mine get married! (once again the evil blogger picture gremlins are sitting cackling at me refusing to put in a picture I really want to include from yesterday, sorry).
So now term starts, I get stuck in, enjoy Carl and Amy getting married and then fly back to England a week on Monday, just for a short time. Things are going well, thanks for all your prayers.

3 Comments:
At 9:23 pm,
Peter Whitfield said…
shared en-suite with a JACUZZI BATH; Perhaps I'll take out my bath and put in a new one...
At 6:28 am,
Anonymous said…
car? this will make hanging out much easier.
At 12:00 am,
Anonymous said…
heeey! i found your blog! how fun! :)
guess you made it to the O-H all right. yeah, it's pretty stinking hot here, compared to england that is. hope all is well! i leave on the 8th...exciting!
Post a Comment
<< Home