Long time no post
I'm sorry it's been such a long time since I posted and the fact I've needed other staff to call me out on it! Things have been very busy heading towards the "holiday season" over here in the States which starts at the end of this week when I head to the Great Lakes Staff Conference in Indianapolis before Thanksgiving week (we then have another two weeks before Christmas break!).
As always with ministry some things have been great and some things have been a bit tougher but still a learning process from the Lord. I have been busily working at both Miami and Wright State over the last few weeks and having some great time with the guys I'm discipling, getting out into the dorms and sharing our faith. Christian has been away these past few weeks so I've been leading Bible Study on my own which has taken more effort but has been a real blessing too. I feel like the guys are really bonding as a group and are being more and more real with one another which has been really encouraging.
At Wright State I've had chance to get together with a really great guy who describes his beliefs as "distinctive and dynamic". He has many Christian beliefs but lot's of others too, it's been great hanging out and throwing around questions! He has started reading the Bible and seems to be doing inductive study without really having a clue what that is!
The big upcoming event of excitement is a visit from world renown illusionist Andre Kole this week. Andre Kole is an illusionist who works closely with David Copperfield (everyone's heard of him!) and actually designs and works on many of his tricks! He is a Christian who instead of taking his Las Vegas style show around the globe making millions chose to work with Campus Crusade and share his faith through his show on campuses worldwide! Many thousands have people have come to know Christ through the ministry of Andre Kole. On Thursday night he will be performing and sharing the gospel in Millett Hall, Oxford, OH here at Miami (if you're in the area come along!) and we're trusting God for hundreds of people to become Christians! Please pray, pray, pray this week for God to move powerfully!
I've also had chance to relax a bit and took a weeked trip to Grove City, PA a week ago to visit my friend's Jayson and Carrie who work with Crusade with the catalytic team working in Western Pennsylvania, the area from Pittsburgh north to Erie! It was a great way to relax and spend some fun time with them, visiting Pittsburgh amongst other things. We spent time at an Art Gallery and driving round the city so it was good to chalk up another US city on my list of visited places. I was less than happy with the poor excuse for tea there though...my recommendation is not to drink tea in Pittsburgh.
As always with ministry some things have been great and some things have been a bit tougher but still a learning process from the Lord. I have been busily working at both Miami and Wright State over the last few weeks and having some great time with the guys I'm discipling, getting out into the dorms and sharing our faith. Christian has been away these past few weeks so I've been leading Bible Study on my own which has taken more effort but has been a real blessing too. I feel like the guys are really bonding as a group and are being more and more real with one another which has been really encouraging.
At Wright State I've had chance to get together with a really great guy who describes his beliefs as "distinctive and dynamic". He has many Christian beliefs but lot's of others too, it's been great hanging out and throwing around questions! He has started reading the Bible and seems to be doing inductive study without really having a clue what that is!
The big upcoming event of excitement is a visit from world renown illusionist Andre Kole this week. Andre Kole is an illusionist who works closely with David Copperfield (everyone's heard of him!) and actually designs and works on many of his tricks! He is a Christian who instead of taking his Las Vegas style show around the globe making millions chose to work with Campus Crusade and share his faith through his show on campuses worldwide! Many thousands have people have come to know Christ through the ministry of Andre Kole. On Thursday night he will be performing and sharing the gospel in Millett Hall, Oxford, OH here at Miami (if you're in the area come along!) and we're trusting God for hundreds of people to become Christians! Please pray, pray, pray this week for God to move powerfully!
I've also had chance to relax a bit and took a weeked trip to Grove City, PA a week ago to visit my friend's Jayson and Carrie who work with Crusade with the catalytic team working in Western Pennsylvania, the area from Pittsburgh north to Erie! It was a great way to relax and spend some fun time with them, visiting Pittsburgh amongst other things. We spent time at an Art Gallery and driving round the city so it was good to chalk up another US city on my list of visited places. I was less than happy with the poor excuse for tea there though...my recommendation is not to drink tea in Pittsburgh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home