<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12879041?origin\x3dhttp://andydixon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Andy's Agape News

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Off on holiday...

Well I'm sitting here as staff conference is drawing to a close in Nottingham after 9 days of training, study and fellowship, it's been a fun time but I'm ready to get out of here!

We spent a week studying Paul's letter to the Romans on the back of which I wrote an essay studying the lessons we learn about Jew and Gentile from the letter and what effect those lessons should have on us living the gospel today. I enjoyed doing it and had a great time learning from our lecture times as Duncan Moore who discipled me at university exogetically unpacked Romans.

The back end of our time here we have focussed on staff development and considered how we are going to put together a plan for our own personal development whilst also thinking about what has happened through Agape around the country and the world this past year and looking forward to what God has planned for the next 12 months!

It has been really great to connect with all the staff who I haven't seen in a yaer or more and we have had wonderful fellowship together with plenty of free time to catch up and encourage one another.

Now I am preparing for our commissioning evening for new staff and international teams before jumping in the car and beginning my holiday! I fly over to America tomorrow to celebrate with my friends Brad and Courtney as they get married on Sunday and then head back to Oxford for a few days relaxing with my old team at Miami before coming back to get going at Warwick where classes begin the first week in October. I am very excited to get back to Oxford and see how things have begun this academic year even though I'm not working on the team and I'm looking forward to engaging with great friends who energise me so as to come back fired up to get going for the new year. It would be great if you could pray that I could relax and enjoy the time over there.

Well I'm off to celebrate our new staff and consider our commissioning for the new year, thanks for all your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home