<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12879041?origin\x3dhttp://andydixon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Andy's Agape News

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oooops!

I'm not sure why exactly I haven't posted that much (or at all) this last month and a half. I have been busy, that's one reason but I think I've also been getting a little unsure of how useful this site is to let people know what is going on...perhaps you can leave me a comment to let me know!

So what has been going on? Well things on campus have been busy, this past six weeks all senior staff in the Great Lakes region have been off campus doing personal development and support raising, here at Miami this left me and the interns which, although it was fun, was quite tiring! I have been meeting with my guys, training them in ministry and leading Bible Study which has been great fun as well as working away at Wright State each week...well supposedly each week but due to a crazy weather period bringing snow and ice all over the mid west their were two weeks where the weather stopped us travelling! This picture is taken from my front door after one snowfall, sadly I never got a shot with the snow coming down and making the roads treacherous, I lost control of my car TWICE during the last month, spinning out once, thankfully no harm befell me...thank you Lord! This snow makes the British flurry everyone is talking about look like child's play! Oh...and after the snow came a couple of nasty ice storms, one day I had to chip a half inch thick coat of ice off of my car! Yuk.

So the snow has been falling and I have been working leaving little time for blogging.

I have had time for a few trips to Chicago (which is even colder and snowier than Oxford) to go and spend time with Shannon...they have been relaxing and of course lot's and lot's of fun!

The most noteworthy event of the past few weeks was the Everyone Sent conference in Indianapolis, it was a weekend for students to think about how they are going to best invest their lives for the Great Commission. About 500 students came and we had a blast, it was good time to get away and think about what God is calling us to, it was just as good for me as it was for the students! On the Saturday night we had a fun event "Dancing with the staff" (a rip off of dancing with the stars) to show that staff life is fun. Being the only British person there I got the 'honour' of adopting the role of Simon Cowell on the judging panel (I know he's a Pop Idol judge not Dancing with the Stars but we did our best!). I personally look at that as being a personal character assassination but if you really want to you can watch me being mean here.

At the moment I'm not feeling 100%. I'm not sure why exactly but I'm having a really hard time eating and am very tired...you can pray that I could recover and not continue feeling like this. I tend to get nervous when I don't feel well and worry about what's going on which just makes things worse so I'd certainly value this going away...especially the not eating!

Coming up next is a visit home! It's almost Spring Break time and I am bringing 8 students and 2 other staff to do ministry with the Liverpool STINT team for a week from March 9th to 17th! It should be fun and will be nice to be home for a bit! Please be praying that the week is a success.

Hopefully it won't be so long till I post again...sorry about that!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 pm, Blogger Alasdair said…

    Hey man, I'm quite impressed with your Simon Cowell impression. Good job. If you're a good boy I may come visit you in Liverpool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home