Term over
Well term is done and dusted and all is quiet on the Warwick front. Tomorrow we have the Agape/UCCF team Christmas lunch and then on Friday night we have our in house team Christmas party with "Secret Santa" and lashings of turkey! Sounds joyous.
Not a lot has been going on of late, hence me being rather quiet. I hope my newsletter has landed on your doormat by now and you've caught up with the last two months worth of ministry.
As I said in my last post we were busy painting away on Wednesday and the "old" bit of the office now looks rather spiffing...bright white! We got a lot of it done and its now ready to hand the keys over after a couple of additional touch ups in other areas!
One exciting thing over the past week or so has been new stuff at church. I am a part of our new "Welcome" initiative to make sure people coming to Oasis are properly welcomed and not overlooked. I am going to be working on being a part of that...we gave it a trial run this week during our traditional carol service which was good and well attended. It was good to get it started but had the odd bit of teething trouble...hopefully it will be well sorted before too long and we will be able to greet, chat with and foolow up with all the new people who drop in!
As part of that tonight I am off to a locl pub quiz with some of the guys from church. A guy who has recently been coming along who isn't a Christian is really into pub quizzes so we are going along to spend time with him and get to know him better.
So now I have holiday fun to look forward to. At the weekend I am off to Edinburgh to watch the Panthers and visit my friend Al...its my first ever visit to Edinburgh so should be fun. I'll then be off for Christmas and on the 26th head out to Wengen, Switzerland for a weeks skiing...I can't wait!
I will leave you with a lovely picture of Kleine-Scheidegg where I shall spend my New Year! Poor me.
Not a lot has been going on of late, hence me being rather quiet. I hope my newsletter has landed on your doormat by now and you've caught up with the last two months worth of ministry.
As I said in my last post we were busy painting away on Wednesday and the "old" bit of the office now looks rather spiffing...bright white! We got a lot of it done and its now ready to hand the keys over after a couple of additional touch ups in other areas!
One exciting thing over the past week or so has been new stuff at church. I am a part of our new "Welcome" initiative to make sure people coming to Oasis are properly welcomed and not overlooked. I am going to be working on being a part of that...we gave it a trial run this week during our traditional carol service which was good and well attended. It was good to get it started but had the odd bit of teething trouble...hopefully it will be well sorted before too long and we will be able to greet, chat with and foolow up with all the new people who drop in!
As part of that tonight I am off to a locl pub quiz with some of the guys from church. A guy who has recently been coming along who isn't a Christian is really into pub quizzes so we are going along to spend time with him and get to know him better.
So now I have holiday fun to look forward to. At the weekend I am off to Edinburgh to watch the Panthers and visit my friend Al...its my first ever visit to Edinburgh so should be fun. I'll then be off for Christmas and on the 26th head out to Wengen, Switzerland for a weeks skiing...I can't wait!
I will leave you with a lovely picture of Kleine-Scheidegg where I shall spend my New Year! Poor me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 Comments:
At 3:30 pm,
Peter Whitfield said…
poor you. i hope you have a cool time. don't come back with a broken leg.
At 2:56 pm,
Brittney said…
you british people will do anything to have an excuse to go to the pub. :)
i'm jealous about wengen dix.
have fun yo.
At 4:04 pm,
ashleyvg said…
i'm glad you're finally going up to edinburgh. it's one of my fav cities.
i love wengen. i'm jealous too. will there be any stinters there this year?
have a wonderful christmas and new year!
Post a Comment
<< Home