<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12879041?origin\x3dhttp://andydixon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Andy's Agape News

Saturday, November 26, 2005

My rear windscreen is newer than yours...

I presume you are wondering how I dare make such a presumptious comment...how do I know the age of your rear windscreen? I don't, but I do know that mine is only about two hours old! So I am the proud owner of a shiny new rear windscreen and lighter in the pocket by £60, my insurance company on the other hand are a little more out of pocket.

Yes, today has been one of those frustrating days as I've sat around waiting for the autowindscreens man. Last night we had one of our worship and prayer evenings with church, it was really good, spending time seeking God and petitioning for various ongoing issues. What wasn't quite as good was the lout who decided he fancied putting a glass bottle through my rear windscreen of the car parked outside. He didn't want to nick the car, nor did he want to nick anything IN the car, no, he wanted to prove what a hard man he was by smashing a window...wow I'm so impressed, he must be really cool. That was quite annoying.

I wasn't particularly angry which was good, I just had the "oh, that's a pain in the neck" response. It's only a car after all but seeing my day off riddled with the fitters and the insurance company was the worst thing.

I've spent today waiting all day for the guy to come out and fix it but thankfully he showed up about 4.30, hoovered the broken glass and put in the new sheet. The difficulty there was that I had parked my car about 2.5 miles away at one of our church leader's houses so as it could be off the road and safe, when the autowindscreens bloke finally arrived he was half an hour earlier than I'd been told, so, without a car, I had to run 2.5 miles in the freezing dark. That was quite annoying too.

Nevermind...I have a nice new rear windscreen now, praise the Lord!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:23 pm, Blogger Peter Whitfield said…

    Well, you would live in Stirchley... what do you expect.

     
  • At 3:48 pm, Blogger Brittney said…

    as ESTJ eh?

    not as good as an ESFJ.

    feeling is the way to go. that's what people with hearts do.

    oooooooooooooooooooh.

    (sheepish grin)

    sorry. i'm only kidding. i think you're great. don't kill me.

     
  • At 7:14 pm, Blogger ashleyvg said…

    you will be happy - i'm now up to date on the postings of andy dixon. what makes you so sure the perpetrator was a bloke? i mean usually people who do things like that are, but ya never can be sure it wasn't some big brummy girl that went crashing through your back windSHIELD.

     
  • At 11:26 pm, Blogger ashleyvg said…

    Correction...I think we call it a back window, not windshield (thats only in the front, i think). Either way, windscreen is wrong, or British, rather.

     
  • At 11:50 pm, Blogger andyd said…

    Windscreen is wrong? Last time I looked the language was called ENGLISH...if we say it different to you we're right, it's our language. End of. ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home