<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12879041?origin\x3dhttp://andydixon.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Andy's Agape News

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back in Birmingham...for 2 days

Well I have made it back safely to Birmingham, a very easy trip by all accounts, no delays, no bad behaviour on the railway...an easy trip home (well actually some Brum kids were busy putting things on the train tracks just outside New Street but thankfully it wasn't a big issue!)

It's good to be home, I'm tired from such a long time away but having just been in Kings Heath it doesn't seem in the slightest bit strange that cars drive on the left side of the street...I can only assume that this is because it the correct way to drive.

I am going to be home for 2 days before heading to Nottingham for 2 weeks (that's right 2 weeks walled within the best county in England...quality!) for our staff conference. I still have to write a devotional which I am giving in the second week, I have been finding it really hard to get going on it so please pray that the Lord really provides me with what He wants me to do and say!

I have today had my first bit of returning culture stress, I'm sure you'll agree that this is ridiculous! I have been into the bank to set up an extra account, now if you ask me this is a very usual request for a bank, you go in to pay money in, take money out or set up accounts...these are the three usual and core uses of a bank. All in my opinion of course. So imagine my surprise when they tell me, "I'm sorry you need an appointment to set up an account and we don't do account set ups between 12 and 2.30."

Errr, hello? You're a bank, that's your job, what do you mean you don't do that between 12 and 2.30? And to think I almost went and worked there!

Welcome home Andy...welcome back to England, possibly the best customer service in the world.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:25 am, Blogger Brittney said…

    from colorado, dan weller sends his best. he says he's going to miss not seeing you this year.

    thanks for the pics :) glad you got some good shots of cincy.

    have fun showing agape all of the not'ham hotspots.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home