Oxford, OH
After recovering from the tiredness (I slept for 12 full hours!) I spent two fun days staying with Aaron which included Saturday when I hung out for "an adventure" with Brittney (one of our Liverpool STINT team) in Fairfield and downtown Cincinnati. It was indeed an adventure but good fun and I took a bunch of pictures like the true tourist that I am! The day also included a top class comedy moment when two kids who looked about 15 shouted "I'll give you $10,000 for your wife", I was just about ready to ask if they had the $10,000 on them but I thought better of it seeing as Brit was stood there (check out her take on it here). I fell out about laughing...but she was quite embarrased. In light of this however it seems I got married somewhere along the line, I must have missed it, why did no one tell me?!
I am now in Oxford (as per the sign above here photographed on my last visit) about an hour north west of Cincinnati on the Ohio/Indiana border. Right now I'm helping friends move into a new place for starting/continuing ministry at Miami this year. Chris and I today helped Dan bring in a lot of things from hsi hire truck...the house is now full of junk! It wasn't the best day for it...it is HOT! I don't know how hot but the word I would use is very. Thankfully in the main I am just sitting around and relaxing...its too hot for anything else!
Tomorrow night I am going to the ballgame...Cincinnati Reds (who stink) against the Atlanta Braves (who have been average at best). It should be fun but isn't going to match watching my Red Sox (who are flying right now)...I'm not the best neutral sports watcher!
I hope all is well in England...I will see you all soon (ish). God Bless

1 Comments:
At 7:53 pm,
Anonymous said…
Dixon, dude what are you and everyone I know doing Friday night the 12th ?? If I am in town for a wedding Sat (a very short in town trip since I am not leaving my bro much) Do you wanna gather everyone we know to chill out somewhere :) Preferably with Bagel and Deli in hand?? :) - C
Post a Comment
<< Home